Thursday, June 28, 2012

Accepting My Passion

To most people being a photographer is just taking pictures of random things they see when they are walking down the street, but to me photography is much more then that. Photography is capturing a picture and being able to tell an entire story from one shoot. Its catching a person or setting's beauty and showing the world. Photography is Art and takes a creative mind to be able to create something that speaks to the word and makes a person think. It tells stories.
             I first found out that I wanted to be a Photographer at the age of 12, when i first realized that I was photogenic. Though everyone thought i was photogenic and thought I  should be in front of the camera, I thought otherwise. I was interested in how the camera work and what the different functions on the camera did. Since everyone thought I was going to be in front of someones camera smiling and waving, I decided to do the unexpected. So while everyone thought I was photographing myself to practice to send pictures to someone's modeling agency i was actually testing camera functions.


             I accepted my passion and stuck with with it. As a famous photographer once told me.
"First you got to make, then you gotta master it, then you matter" -Allen Cooley.
Original Photo by Ayonnia Hardnett


            

No comments:

Post a Comment